Error Description

Hi, Could you please let me know why I am facing this error? I ran a file with 1000 records and it failed in between with this error. But I tried running it again from the line item where it failed, it worked fine. I am not sure why this error had occured.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.
at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
at RCA.Activities.Core.SaveImage.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Hi @Aishwarya ,

• This error was coming from Windows system. When using GDI, ‘‘a generic error occurred’’ means that the directory you are trying to save to doesn’t have the proper permissions => we might need to check the permission.
  • Also occurs when you try to save on a network share

I am using D drive to perform all actions like save the images, move files etc.

Is there any details you need from me to check the issue?

Actually not, it’s just the permission from the drive from Windows System, if everything is okay now, it should be fine
Please make sure these things:

1. Make sure path does exist.
  2. Make sure you have permissions to write.
  3. Make sure your path is correct
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.